- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 20 g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 150g bag fresh spinach, washed and roughly chopped
- 500 g Perfect Italiano™ Original Ricotta
- 25 g grated Perfect Italiano™ Parmesan
- 4-5 fresh lasagne sheets
- 700 ml bottle tomato passata
- ½ packet Perfect Italiano™ Perfect Bakes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- In a large fry pan heat oil and butter over a medium heat, add garlic and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the nutmeg and spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes until spinach is wilted. Place in a bowl and leave to cool.
- Once spinach is cool add ricotta and parmesan to the bowl, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cut the fresh lasagne sheets in half.
- Take one of the cut lasagne sheets and spoon two or three tablespoons of cannelloni filling along the long side of the rectangle. Carefully roll the pasta to form the cannelloni then place into a lightly greased baking dish seam-side down.
- Repeat this process for the remaining pasta rectangles and cannelloni filing to fill the baking dish with cannelloni one layer high.
- Pour the bottle of tomato passata over the top of the cannelloni and top with the Perfect Italiano Perfect Bakes.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes, then remove foil and bake until golden brown.
A baking dish where the cannelloni can fit snug in one layer is best to cook in.