- 500 g farfalle pasta
- ½ cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 rashers lean short cut bacon, finely chopped
- 500 g tub of Perfect Italiano™ Ricotta
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- ½ packet Perfect Italiano™ Extra Sharp Parmesan, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Extra grated Perfect Italiano™ Extra Sharp Parmesan to serve
- Cook the farfalle pasta according to packet instructions. If using fresh peas, add the peas about 3 minutes before the pasta has finished cooking. If using frozen peas, add the peas about 1 minute before.
- While the pasta is cooking, add olive oil to a large frying pan over a medium high heat. Add the bacon and fry until very crispy.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the Perfect Italiano™ Ricotta to the frying pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and peas, reserving ½ cup of the cooking water.
- Add the cooked pasta and peas into the frying pan, along with the reserved cooking water, chives and Perfect Italiano™ Extra Sharp Parmesan.
- Gently toss until combined and the ricotta sauce coasts the pasta. Season to taste.
- Serve immediately topped with extra Perfect Italiano™ Extra Sharp Parmesan.