Roasted Tomato, Prosciutto and Parmesan Salad
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Parmesan
- 4 ripe roma tomatoes, cut into quarters
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 1 small sourdough baguette, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup good quality mayonnaises
- 1 x 25g Perfect Italiano™ Parmesan
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp good quality basil pesto
- 1 baby cos lettuce, washed and leaves torn
- ¼ cup small fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup Perfect Italiano™ Shaved Parmesan
- Place tomatoes on a baking paper lined baking tray, cut side up. Drizzle with oil and season to taste.
- Bake at 180°C for 10 minutes or until tomatoes are just tender.
- Place prosciutto on a foil lined baking tray and cook under a hot grill until crisp. Allow to cool and break into large pieces.
- Rub garlic clove over sliced bread and bake at 160°C for 10 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Blend mayonnaise, Perfect Italiano Parmesan Multi Pack, vinegar and sugar in a food processor until creamy. Add pesto and pulse until just combined.
- To serve, scatter lettuce leaves on a serving plate, top with prosciutto, toasted bread, tomatoes, basil leaves and shaved parmesan. Drizzle with dressing.
Tomatoes can be cooked a day ahead and refrigerated. Dressing can also be made ahead of time and refrigerated. Use your favourite lettuce mix for this salad.