Romano Crusted Salmon with Red Capsicum Chickpea Salad
Made with Perfect Italiano™ Romano
- ½ cup grated Perfect Italiano™ Romano wedge
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 x 150 g salmon fillet pieces
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and finely diced
- 210 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup shaved Perfect Italiano™ Romano block
- ¼ cup olive oil, extra
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Combine grated Perfect Italiano Romano, thyme, paprika and seasoning. Brush flesh side of salmon pieces with oil and press cheese mixture onto salmon. Refrigerate until required.
- Place capsicum, chickpeas, garlic, spring onions, parsley and Perfect Italiano Shaved Romano in a large bowl. Combine 2 tablespoons extra oil and lemon juice, drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
- Heat remaining extra oil in a frying pan, cook salmon fillets coated side down over medium heat for 2 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Serve immediately with salad and a wedge of lemon.
Store any leftover Perfect Italiano Romano in a sealed container and freshly grate over your favourite pasta or risotto.