This Italian meatball pasta bake is a budget way of feeding a large family and tastes amazing to boot.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 180°C fan-forced.
- Place mince, 1/2 cup (60 g) of the parmesan, the garlic, egg and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well to combine. Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion and capsicum, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add stock and tomatoes and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until mixture reduces slightly. Return meatballs to pan. Simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens and meatballs are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water until just tender, following the packet directions. Drain and return to the pan.
- Add sauce and remaining parmesan to pasta and toss to combine. Transfer into a large baking dish and sprinkle over Perfect Bakes cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Pork and veal mince is available at major supermarkets or local butchers. Some supermarkets label as pork and beef mince.