- Cook the penne according to the packet instructions. Add the asparagus when the pasta has 1 minute left to cook and, once the penne is just tender.
- While the pasta is cooking, add olive oil to a large frying pan over a medium high heat. Add the shallots and garlic, and gently fry for 3 minutes or until the shallots have softened.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the Perfect Italiano™ Ricotta to the frying pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and asparagus, reserving ½ cup of the cooking water
- Add the cooked pasta and asparagus into the frying pan, along with the reserved cooking water, lemon juice and Perfect Italiano™ Extra Sharp Parmesan.
- Gently toss until combined and the ricotta sauce coasts the pasta. Season to taste.
- Serve immediately topped with torn pieces of smoked salmon and mint leaves.