- To make bombolini, sift combined flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Gently stir in combined ricotta, eggs and vanilla. Cover mixture with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 40 minutes.
- To make crème anglaise, heat milk and cream in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat, without boiling, until hot.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until combined. Gradually whisk hot milk mixture into yolk mixture. Return mixture to same pan. Using a wooden spoon, stir over medium-low heat, for about 5 minutes or until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Strain into a bowl. Cover surface with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold.
- To make raspberry coulis, stir all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat until raspberries have broken down and sugar has dissolved. Push mixture through a sieve. Refrigerate until cold.
- To cook bombolini, deep fry tablespoons of mixture in small batches, turning with a fork, for about 3-4 minutes or until golden, crisp and cooked through.
- Drain on absorbent paper and roll in caster sugar.
- Serve bombolini with crème anglaise and raspberry coulis.