Homemade Burger with Oozy Melted Cheese & Burger Sauce
Burger Sauce (Makes 1 cup)
Burger Patties (Makes 4 burgers)
- To make sauce, combine all ingredients in a jug. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Divide Mozzarella block into four even thick square slices. Set aside.
- To make patties, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Divide mixture into four equal portions. Shape portions into patties, about 10cm in diameter (5mm thick).
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium to high heat. Add the patties. Cook for about 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until browned. Top patties with mozzarella slices. Cover pan with lid. Cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Remove patties from pan.
- Meanwhile, split rolls in half horizontally. Place cut-side up on an oven tray. Grill for 2 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Remove.
- To assemble, spread each bun base and top with 1 tablespoon of the sauce. Top bases with lettuce, tomato, patties and jalapenos. Replace bun tops. Serve with remaining sauce.
- Patties can be made up to one day ahead. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.