This is one of 3 ways you can cook Monkey Bread. For other Monkey Bread variants, please scroll down.
- Add yeast to warm water and mix well. Stand for a few minutes until bubbles form on the surface of the water
- Place flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre. Pour in the yeast mixture along with the oil.
- Using your hands, mix the dough until it comes together into a ball and is smooth.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for a few minutes.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling wrap. Set aside in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes or until it doubles in size.
- Preheat oven 200° C / 180° C fan-forced and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead gently for 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Roll dough to form a 20cm disc. Add one cup of Perfect Pizza cheese and half the ham and pineapple. Fold over and knead until combined and evenly mixed.
- Cut dough in half and roll each piece into 3 cm thick logs. Divide each dough log into 12 pieces. Roll into balls and position on baking tray in a spiral shape starting with one ball in the middle and building out around it.
- Cover loosely with a clean tea towel and stand in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Brush over pizza sauce and scatter over remaining ham and pineapple pieces.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is cooked. Stand on tray for 5 minutes before serving.
- Freeze remaining dough for up to two months.
- Defrost in refrigerator overnight