- To make pesto, place the pine nuts, basil, garlic, Parmesan and olive oil in a small food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water for about 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- Cut the mozzarella block into 1½ cm cubes.
- Place pasta, tomatoes, mozzarella and half the pesto in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss well to combine. Reserve remaining pesto for another use.
- Garnish with extra fresh basil leaves. Scatter with extra toasted pine nuts.
- Salad can be served at room temperature or cold.
- Freeze reserved pesto in a snap lock bag for up to one month.