- Place flour, 1/4 cup almond meal and butter in a food processor and pulse until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add water and blend until pastry just comes together.
- Roll out dough into a 33cm circle and transfer to a lined baking tray.
- Combine egg whites, remaining almond meal and Ricotta, spread evenly over base of pastry, leaving a 5cm border. Arrange strawberries over ricotta layer and lightly brush with butter.
- Turn overhanging pastry over the strawberries and crimp decoratively. Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with raw sugar. Bake at 200°C for 30-35 minutes or until golden. Serve warm with ice cream.
- Do not overcook this tart as the strawberries will collapse. Use other seasonal fruit for this recipe including blood plums, apricots or nectarines.