- Prick the base of the frozen pie crust and bake in the pre-heated oven 170c for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Heat butter in a shallow frying pan over a medium heat and sauté leek 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool.
- Beat together the egg and milk until well combined, season to taste with black pepper.
- Place the Leek and pancetta in the base of the pastry case and pour over the egg mixture, tapping surface to remove air pockets. Bake the tart in the pre-heated oven 180c for 20 minutes, remove and allow tart to rest 10-15 minutes prior to slicing and serving
- Slice and serve hot as an entrée or with salad for lunch or dinner.
- Leeks maybe replaced with Roma tomatoes or spinach and walnuts.