Monkey Bread - Garlic & Herbs with Hot Cheesy Dip
Hot Cheesy Dip
This is one of 3 ways you can cook Monkey Bread. For other Monkey Bread variants, see other recipes under recommended recipes
- Add yeast to warm water and mix well. Stand for a few minutes until bubbles form on the surface of the water.
- Place flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre. Pour in the yeast mixture along with the oil.
- Using your hands, mix the dough until it comes together into a ball and is smooth.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for a few minutes.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling wrap or a tea towel. Set aside in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes or until it doubles in size.
- Combine butter, garlic salt, garlic and dried herbs and mix well. Refrigerate until firm and cold reserving one tablespoon for the Cheesy Dip.
- Preheat oven 200° C / 180° C fan-forced.
- Place a one cup (250ml) oven-proof ramekin into the centre of a piece of baking paper. Draw around the base. Turn paper over and place onto a large flat baking tray.
- Roll out dough to form a 20cm disc. Add ½ cup Perfect Pizza cheese, fold over and knead until combined and evenly mixed.
- Cut dough in half and roll each piece into 3 cm thick logs. Divide each into 12 pieces and roll into balls.
- Take a ½ teaspoon of the cold garlic butter and push into the centre of a dough ball. Reroll to enclose. Repeat with remaining butter and dough.
- Position stuffed dough balls around the drawn circle and form two rows. Cover with a clean tea towel and stand in a warm place for 15 minutes until risen slightly. When ready to cook, brush with pesto.
- Bake for 10 minutes and while cooking, make the Cheesy Dip.
- Remove the tray and place ramekin filled with Cheesy Dip into the centre of the Monkey bread. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the rolls. Return to oven and cook a further 5-10 minutes or until cheese has melted and golden. Transfer to a serving tray and serve immediately.
- Place one tablespoon of the prepared garlic butter mixture, cream cheese and sour cream into a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until hot and smooth. Stir through green onion and Parmesan cheese. Spoon into reserved ramekin.
- Freeze remaining dough for up to two months.
- Defrost in refrigerator overnight