Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- Whisk yeast and water in a heatproof jug. Stand for 5 minutes or until frothy.
- Place flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Pour in the yeast mixture and oil. Use your hands to mix until the dough comes together and is smooth. Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead briefly.
- Place dough a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place to prove for 30 minutes or until it doubles in size.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently for another 5 minutes or until smooth. Divide dough and roll out pizza bases to desired size. Sprinkle a little flour on the bench before rolling to prevent dough from sticking. Your dough is now ready for your favourite pizza topping.
- To help make your dough rise faster, fill your kitchen sink a third full with warm water and sit the dough in the bowl in the water to prove.
- For a delicious crunchy base, sprinkle polenta onto the kitchen bench instead of flour, when rolling out the pizza dough.
- To freeze pizza dough, let it rise first and then divide into pieces for single pizzas. Wrap in cling film. Thaw in the fridge overnight before using.
THIS CHEESE IS PERFECT FOR YOUR PIZZA
Our Perfect Pizza cheese is a 3-cheese blend for authentic flavourful pizza, every time.
Find out more