Parmesan Crusted Chicken Drumsticks Parmigiana
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Lightly whisk the eggs in a shallow dish with ¼ cup water.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese and season well with salt and pepper.
- Working with one drumstick at a time, dip in the egg, then breadcrumb mixture, pressing the crumbs on gently with your fingertips to coat. Set aside.
- Heat half of the oil in a large frying pan, over medium-high heat. Cook half of the drumsticks for 3 minutes on each side, or until golden and crisp. Transfer to the lined tray and repeat with the remaining oil and chicken.
- Meanwhile, spread the tomato passata over the base of a 1.5 litre (6 cup capacity) ovenproof dish. Arrange the drumsticks over the tomatoes and top with the grated cheese.
- Return to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and chicken is cooked and golden. Serve warm with a fresh salad.
- Shredded cooked chicken is available from some deli counters of major supermarkets. Alternatively, use a barbecue chicken and remove skin and bones before shredding the meat.