Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake with Parmesan Crumbs
- For the béchamel, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour, whisking until combined. Stir the milk in 2 batches and continue to stir until the sauce becomes thick and coats the back of a wooden spoon. Cover surface with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Combine panko crumbs, grated Parmesan and oil in a medium bowl. Use your hands to mix. Set aside.
- Preheat oven 220°C / 200°C fan-forced. Grease a 2 litre (8 cup capacity) ovenproof dish.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan according to packet instructions, drain and refresh under cold water.
- Place spinach and chicken in a large mixing bowl. Add cooked pasta and Perfect Bakes cheese and mix well.
- Stir béchamel through the macaroni mix and spoon into prepared ovenproof dish.
- Scatter Parmesan crumb mix over the pasta and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with a fresh salad.
- This is a great recipe to use up leftover roast chicken, or a store brought chicken.
- Freeze this recipe to the step before cooking.