20-Minute Penne Pasta
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and refresh with cold water.
- Heat oil in a large heavy based pan over high, add beef and stir breaking up any lumps until meat is browned.
- While beef is cooking, process carrot, zucchini, onion and garlic in a food processor until finely shredded. Add vegetables to pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in passata and mix well; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and half cover with lid. Simmer 10 minutes. Sauce should be rich and thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss cooked penne through hot pasta sauce along with half the Parmesan. Divide amongst plates and top with remaining Parmesan.
- Use a box grater if a food processor is unavailable.