You’ve got to love this one-pan Mexican chicken and rice bake for a weeknight dinner. You can cut the cooking time by using microwave rice.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 180°C fan-forced.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof saucepan pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add garlic and red onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add rice. Stir to coat. Add sauce, stock and capsicum. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Cover. Transfer to oven. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Uncover. Stir half the cheese into rice mixture. Level top. Scatter with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until rice is tender and cheese is golden and melted.
- Scatter with coriander and spring onion. Serve with lime wedges and sour cream, if desired.