Baked Pumpkin, Spinach & Ricotta Stuffed Shells
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- In a medium sized baking tray, toss pumpkin with 1 tbsp. oil and season with salt and pepper. Place tray into oven and roast for 20-30 minutes or until just cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta shells according to packet directions. Drain shells and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat 1 tbsp. of oil over a medium heat. Add the bacon and fry for 3-4 minutes or until the bacon turns golden brown. Add the garlic and fry for a further 1 minute. Add the nutmeg and spinach and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Transfer into a bowl and leave to cool.
- Once cool, mix bacon and spinach with pumpkin, Ricotta and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture evenly into the pasta shells.
- In a medium sized baking dish, layer the stuffed shells on half of the tomato passata, and spoon the remainder of the passata around the shells.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil and sprinkle over the Perfect Bakes cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted golden brown.
- Add some lemon zest and chopped parsley to the ricotta mixture before stuffing the pasta shells for added freshness and colour.