Creamy Bacon, Mushroom and Zucchini Ricotta Fusilli
- Cook the fusilli pasta according to the packet instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the olive oil to a large frying pan over a medium high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until it begins to soften. Add the bacon, zucchini, mushroom and garlic, and continue to fry for 4-5 minutes or until the bacon and onion start to turn golden.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the Ricotta to the frying pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta, reserving ½ cup of the cooking water.
- Add the pasta into the frying pan, along with the reserved cooking water, parsley and parmesan.
- Gently toss until combined and the ricotta sauce coasts the pasta. Season to taste.
- 7. Serve immediately topped with additional parmesan.