Herb, Bacon and Pea Macaroni Cheese Bake
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C fan-forced.
- Cook the macaroni according to packet instructions. Add the peas 2 minutes before the pasta is cooked, and then drain and set aside in a large bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan over a medium heat. Add the bacon and cook for 5 minutes or until golden. Add the garlic and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and add to the pasta.
- Melt the butter in the sauce pan. Once melted, add the flour and stir well to combine. Slowly add the milk and whisk until smooth. Continue to stir for 8 minutes or the until mixture has thickened.
- Stir in the Parmesan and half of the Mozzarella. Add the pasta and bacon mixture to the pan and stir well to coat. Mix through the chopped herbs and then season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the pasta mixture into a baking dish and sprinkle over the remaining Mozzarella. Place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and stand for 5 minutes before serving.