Fish Pie With Cheesy Mash
Cheesy Mashed Potato
Fish Pie Filling
- Boil, steam or microwave potatoes until tender. Drain. Return to pot with milk and butter. Mash until smooth. Stir in 3/4 cup of Perfect Melts cheese. Season with salt.
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Grease a 2.5 ltr (10 cup) ovenproof dish.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add flour, cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Gradually add milk, whisking constantly until all combined and smooth. Cook, whisking for 5 minutes until thick and glossy. Remove from the heat. Allow to cool slightly. Add 3/4 cup of cheese, Dijon, lemon zest, onions and parsley and stir until combined. Gently stir in salmon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into prepared oven dish. Top with eggs. Spread mashed potato over the top and fluff with fork or spoon. Bake for 25 minutes until potato has golden peaks, sprinkle over remaining cheese and bake for a further 10 minutes until golden and salmon is cooked through. Serve with peas and lemon wedges.
- You can also use any thick white fish fillets for this dish.
- Room temperature eggs will take around 9 minutes to hard boil.
- Pie is best served and enjoyed straight away.