- To make the pesto, place the basil, pine nuts, grated parmesan and lemon juice in a food processor and blitz until finely chopped. With the motor running, gradually add the 60ml olive oil in a thin steady stream until the pesto is well combined. Set aside.
- Cook the linguine according to the packet instructions. Drain the pasta into a colander.
- While the pasta is cooking, add olive oil to a large frying pan over a medium high heat. Add the chicken and fry for 4-5 minutes or until cooked and lightly brown
- Add the pesto and cooked pasta into the frying pan, and gently toss until the pesto coats the pasta.
- Serve immediately topped with a few toasted pine nuts.
- To make this dish simpler, use ½ cup Perfect Basil Pesto (link to Perfect Basil Pesto).