Mexican Chicken Tacos
Feed the family in just 30 minute. This recipe is a Mexican twist using leftover roast chicken.
- Preheat oven to 220°C / 200°C (fan-forced). Place taco shells in a greased baking dish, upside-down.
- Bake for 2 to 3 minutes, or until warm. Remove. Cool slightly. Turn, open-side up.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring for 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft. Add taco seasoning and cook, stirring for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add chicken, beans, salsa and water. Cook, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes, or until combined and heated through. Remove from heat.
- Divide chicken mixture amongst taco shells. Sprinkle evenly with Mexican Style Cheese.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and shells are golden and crisp. Remove from oven.
- Scatter baked tacos with tomatoes. Dollop with mashed avocado. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with lime wedges.
- Shredded cooked chicken is available from some deli counters of major supermarkets. Alternatively, use a barbecue chicken and remove skin and bones before shredding the meat.