Pea, Pancetta and Mint Orecchiette
- Cook the orecchiette according to packet instructions. Add the peas and snow peas to the pasta cooking pan about 4 minutes before pasta is cooked.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the olive oil into a large frying pan over a medium high heat. Add the garlic, shallot and pancetta and fry until shallots have softened and bacon begins to colour.
- Once the pasta has cooked, drain the pasta and peas, reserving ½ cup of the cooking water.
- Add the cooked pasta and peas into the frying pan, along with the reserved cooking water. Reduce to low. Add the ricotta, lemon zest and juice, mint.
- Gently toss until combined and the ricotta coats the pasta. Season to taste.
- Serve immediately topped with shaved parmesan.