Pizza Scrolls - Roasted Capsicum & Eggplant
Roasted Capsicum & Eggplant Pizza Scroll
- Add yeast to warm water and mix well. Stand for a few minutes until bubbles form on the surface of the water
- Place flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre. Pour in the yeast mixture along with the oil. Using your hands, mix the dough until it comes together into a ball and is smooth.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for a few minutes.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling wrap. Set aside in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes or until it doubles in size.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead gently for 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Divide the dough into two portions. Wrap one half in cling film and freeze for another time.
- Roll dough out to form a 20cm x 30cm rectangle. Position dough so that the longest edge is closest to you.
- Spoon pizza sauce evenly over the top. Sprinkle over one cup of the Perfect Pizza Cheese and top with baby spinach, capsicum and eggplant.
- Starting from the longest edge, roll up to enclose filling and form a cylinder. Cut into 8 equal pieces.
Pie Maker Method
- Preheat pie maker according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Place four scrolls into preheated pie maker. Close the lid and cook for five minutes. Open the lid and sprinkle a little extra cheese over the top of each scroll. Close and cook for a further 5 minutes or until cooked and golden. Remove and repeat with remaining scrolls and cheese.
- Preheat oven 200°C / 180°C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Place scrolls onto baking tray approximately 2 cm apart. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 15- 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Freeze remaining dough for up to two months.
- Defrost dough in the refrigerator overnight
- Cooked scrolls freeze well. Placed cooled scrolls into a ziplock bag or containers. Freeze for up to one month.
- Reheat in pie maker for 5 minutes