Chicken, Mushroom & Zucchini Bake
- Preheat oven 200C°/ 180°C (fan forced)
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and reserve one cup of cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat one tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook three minutes or until browned. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to frying pan and add onion and cook for two minutes or until softened. Add mushrooms and cooking, stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes
- Add zucchini, thyme and garlic; cook for a further two minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook for one minute. Pour in cooking cream, mustard and return the cooked chicken. Mix well and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for three minutes.
- Stir through half the cheese, ½ cup of the reserved cooking water and cooked drained pasta. Transfer to a large 10 cup (2.5 litre) oven-proof baking dish and top with remaining cheese. Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- If sauce is too thick, add some more of the reserved cooking water to the combined pasta and sauce mixture before spooning into baking dish.
- Freeze pasta bake in portions for workday lunches or quick midweek dinners. Reheat in microwave.