Cheesy Potato Bake
- Preheat oven 180°C / 160°C (fan-forced)
- Grease a large 4 litre (16 cup) baking dish with melted butter.
- Slice potatoes into finger width slices, approximately 1 cm thick.
- Layer potato and garlic into baking dish.
- Whisk together cream, stock and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with the Perfect Bakes cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and cook a further 60 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese is melted and golden brown. Stand for 10 minutes and serve hot.
- Floury potatoes are the best variety for potato bakes. Generally, all white potatoes can be used. Sebago are the most available. Buy washed or unwashed.
- For a complete vegetarian meal, replace chicken stock with vegetable stock.