One-Pan Meatball Parmigiana
This cheesy meatball parmigiana is the ultimate in Aussie comfort food. It’s a one-pan wonder and a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
- Preheat the oven grill to high.
- To make the Italian Meatballs, place mince, ½ cup (60 g) of the parmesan, the garlic, egg and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well to combine. Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls.
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet over low heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add diced tomatoes and tomato puree. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Return meatballs to pan. Scatter with Perfect Italiano Perfect Bakes cheese and bake under grill for 5-6 minutes or until cheese has melted and is golden. Serve the meatball parmigiana with cooked garlic bread and the cos salad with dressing.
- Pork and veal mince is available at major supermarkets or local butchers. Some supermarkets label as pork and beef mince.