Broccoli Pesto Pasta Salad
- Cook tortellini in a pot of boiling salted water for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cool with cold water. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Cut the broccoli into small florettes and blanch in boiling water for 20 seconds. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain again until cool. Reserve around 150g (3/4 cup) of the broccoli florettes for the salad.
- Process the spinach and basil until finely chopped. Add the oil, broccoli and lemon juice, season and blitz until a coarsely chopped pesto forms. Stir through ½ cup grated parmesan.
- Combine pasta, pesto, reserved broccoli florettes, tomatoes, salami and onion. Use a vegetable peeler to shave parmesan from the block to sprinkle on top to serve.
- You can substitute tortellini for 350g of penne, spirals or elbow pasta.
- Salad will keep in the fridge up to 1 day. It can also be heated as a meal.