Cheesy Meatballs on spaghetti
- In a bowl, add the beef, half the garlic, tomato paste, breadcrumbs, parmesan and egg. Season with salt and pepper and then use your hands to mix together until combined. Form the mixture into golf ball size meatballs and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- In a large sauce pan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat. Once hot, add the remaining garlic and fry for 2 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes and use the back of your spoon to squash the tomatoes slightly. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for 8 minutes. Add the basil and then season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low, and then add the meatballs into the pan. Cover the meatballs with a lid and then cook for 12 minutes (turning once) or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- While the meatballs are cooking, cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions. Once cooked, drain the pasta and serve alongside the meatballs and sauce.
- Serve meatballs and spaghetti with basil leaves and extra parmesan.