Ricotta Topping: Method
- Mix together the Ricotta, eggs, and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Stir through ½ cup of the Perfect Bakes cheese. Refrigerate until ready to use. Reserve remaining cheese.
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 180°C fan-forced. Lightly grease a 2 litre (8 cup) oven proof lasagne dish.
- To make the filling, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes or until onion softens.
- Add mince and cook for 2-3 minutes, breaking up the mince until browned. Add mushrooms and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir through the flour and cook a further 1 minute. Add cooking cream and mustard and mix well. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered on low for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Spread 1/3 cup of the ricotta sauce over base of dish. Top with lasagne sheets, trimming to fit the size of the dish if necessary.
- Stir chopped spinach through remaining ricotta mixture; divide into three portions.
- Top lasagne sheet layer with one third of the chicken sauce, sprinkle with a handful of Perfect Bakes cheese and cover with another layer of lasagne sheets. Continue layering with chicken sauce, then cheese, followed by a layer of ricotta and spinach sauce. Repeat these layers again, finishing with a layer of lasagne sheets.
- Spread the remaining ricotta and spinach sauce over the top and sprinkle with reserved cheese. Bake uncovered for 35 – 40 minutes until golden and lasagne sheets are cooked. Stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with fresh green salad.