Giant Arancini Balls
- Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Combine the risotto, one of the eggs and ½ cup breadcrumbs in a bowl. For each Arancini, using damp hands, flatten ½ cup of risotto mixture in the palm of your hand. Place a heaped tablespoon of mozzarella at centre of risotto mixture, then shape to enclose mozzarella and form a ball. Repeat to make 6 arancini in total.
- Whisk extra egg in a shallow bowl. Place remaining breadcrumbs on a large flat plate. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Coat arancini in flour, shake off any excess. Dip arancini in egg, then roll in breadcrumbs to coat. Place on the prepared tray. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan to high heat. In 3 batches, deep fry the arancini for 2 - 3 minutes or until golden brown, reheating the oil between batches.
- Serve the arancini scattered with the finely grated parmesan.
- Prep and cook times based on using a leftover risotto, alternatively use the Perfect Italiano Roast Pumpkin & Spinach Risotto recipe