- Heat oil in a large, deep non-stick fry pan over high heat. Add chicken and cook for 4 minutes or until lightly golden. Add leek and bacon and cook for about 3 minutes or until leek has softened. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until rice is glassy looking.
- Add 1 cup of stock and cook, stirring, until the stock is absorbed. Continue adding stock, a cup at a time. When the stock is absorbed, add the next cupful. Continue adding stock and stirring until the rice is cooked (it should still be slightly firm to the bite).
- Stir in asparagus and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the butter and the grated Romano.
- Remove from heat and serve with a scattering of extra Romano.
- Use smoked chicken fillets for extra flavour.