Bust out your pie maker to make these veggie-smuggler chicken pies. Turn them into an easy chicken dinner by serving with sweet potato fries and a salad.
- Preheat pie maker. Wait for the green READY light to go on.
- Meanwhile, reserve ¼ cup (35 g) Parmesan and ½ cup (45 g) Perfect Bakes. Combine chicken, peas, capsicum, remaining cheese and spring onion in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using the large base pastry cutter provided, cut out 4 pastry bases from each pastry sheet. Place in the pie holes. Divide half the chicken mix among pastry cases. Press filling to compact. Sprinkle with half of the reserved cheeses.
- Close lid and cook for 5-6 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is warmed through and set. Carefully remove pies from pie maker. Repeat with remaining pastry, chicken mixture and cheeses.
- Serve with sweet potato fries and a salad.
- Using a pre-cooked roast chicken from the supermarket or chicken shop makes this recipe even easier to prepare. Easily shred the chicken using two forks or by hand. We used the Kmart Pie Maker in this recipe. Check your own appliance for cooking time adjustments that may be required for larger pies.