- Whisk yeast and water in a heatproof jug. Stand for 5 minutes or until frothy.
- Place flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Pour in the yeast mixture and oil. Using your hands, mix the dough until it comes together and is smooth. Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead briefly.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling wrap. Set aside in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes to an hour until it doubles in size.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently for another 5 minutes or until smooth. Divide dough and roll out pizza bases to desired size. Sprinkle a little flour on the bench before rolling to prevent dough from sticking. Your dough is now ready for your favourite pizza topping.
- To help make your dough rise faster, fill your kitchen sink a third full with warm water and sit the dough in the bowl in the water to prove.
- For a delicious crunchy base, sprinkle polenta onto the kitchen bench instead of flour, when rolling out the pizza dough.
- To freeze pizza dough, let it rise first and then divide into pieces for single pizzas. Wrap in cling film. Thaw in the fridge overnight before using.