- Place flour, yeast and salt in a bowl and mix.
- Gradually add the water and olive oil then knead by hand for 7-10 minutes until the dough is smooth.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling wrap. Set aside in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes to an hour until it doubles in volume.
- Knead dough gently for a few minutes to remove some air.
- Divide dough in two and roll out pizza bases. Sprinkle a little flour on the bench before rolling to prevent dough from sticking.
- For a delicious crunchy base, sprinkle polenta onto the kitchen bench instead of flour, when rolling out the pizza dough.