Cheats Pizza Calzone
Cheats Calzone Dough
- To make the calzone dough sift flour into a large bowl, make a well in the centre, add the water and oil. Stir until flour is incorporated and mixture forms a dough. Knead to a smooth ball on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 8 even pieces.
- Knead one ball at a time into a ball. Roll out to form a 20cm circle then spread pizza sauce on half, leaving a 1cm border. Sprinkle ¼ cup of Pizza cheese on top of sauce. Top with some of the eggplant, capsicum, mushrooms and zucchini. Sprinkle with another 2 heaped tablespoons of remaining Pizza cheese. Brush one edge lightly with water. Fold dough over filling and press edges together to enclose. Twist edges over and over to form a crimped edge.
- Heat enough oil to cover the base of a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Cook two at a time for about 5-6 minutes, turning over halfway until golden.
- Remove and place on a large ovenproof tray lined with paper towels.
- Squeeze the liquid from 250g frozen and thawed spinach. Sprinkle over dough as in step 2. Add ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese then sprinkle with Perfect Italiano Perfect Pizza cheese as above.
- Spread calzone with pizza sauce, shredded barbecue chicken, sliced mushrooms, cooked chopped bacon, chopped capsicum and Perfect Italiano Perfect pizza cheese as above.