Ricotta And Green Veg Fritters
- Pour boiling water over spinach to wilt. Drain well. Using hands, squeeze spinach and zucchini separately to remove any excess moisture. Coarsely chop spinach.
- Preheat oven to 120°C/100°C (fan-forced). Combine spinach, peas, zucchini, green onion, eggs, garlic and parmesan in a large bowl. Mix well. Season well. Fold in flour until just combined. Dollop in half the ricotta. Fold gently.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Using about 1/4 cup mixture per fritter, flatten slightly and cook fritters in batches, for 3 - 4 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through (add extra oil to the pan if necessary). Transfer to a baking tray. Keep warm in oven.
- Serve warm fritters with remaining ricotta and tomato chive salad with balsamic drizzled with oil.
- These fritters can be made a day ahead and reheated in a low oven until hot.
- Adjust cooking temperature to allow for an even golden colour on the fritters. Medium to medium-low.
- Freeze fritters, thaw and reheat in the microwave.