Gnocchi With Quick Romesco Sauce
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Heat ¼ cup of oil in an ovenproof skillet over a medium heat.
- Add gnocchi. Cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, drain capsicums and add to food processor along with extra 2 tablespoons of olive oil, almonds, garlic, vinegar, sugar and basil. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add ¾ cup water to loosen.
- Add the sauce to pan with gnocchi and stir until coated. Add extra water to gnocchi in pan if it has absorbed the liquid and you prefer a thinner sauce.
- Combine breadcrumbs with cheese. Sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with basil leaves accompanied with rocket, apple and parmesan salad.
- Find gnocchi with the fresh pasta section in the refrigerated section of major supermarkets.
- You can use shelf-life gnocchi as well. You may need to add extra water if gnocchi absorbs water too quickly.
- You will need 170g drained capsicum for the sauce which is the amount of a 260g jar. Use any roasted or char-grilled red peppers in jars, whole, in pieces or strips.
- You can use panko breadcrumbs instead of fresh.