Fresh Tomato, Basil and Ricotta Baked Orecchiette
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 180°C fan-forced.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over a medium heat. Once hot, add the onion and tomatoes, and stir for 5 minutes or until the onion begins to soften. Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the crushed tomatoes and balsamic, and then simmer for 5 – 10 minutes or until the sauce slightly thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the orecchiette according to packet instructions and drain.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and stir to coat the pasta evenly. Transfer the pasta into an ovenproof dish, and then add spoonfuls of ricotta into the mixture, along with the parmesan and basil. Gently stir the ingredients through the pasta.
- Sprinkle the Perfect Bakes cheese over the pasta, and then transfer into the oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and golden. Serve after.