- Place the pine nuts, basil, garlic, parmesan and olive oil in a small food processor and whizz until finely chopped.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and then set aside
- Heat the oil in a non-stick fry pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 6 - 8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Place the pasta in a large bowl and add the pesto and chicken and gently toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Serve the chicken pesto pasta with extra parmesan and basil leaves.
- Extra Pesto will keep for 2-3 days in a sterilised jar in the fridge. Be sure to add an extra 1-2cm of olive oil to cover the surface which help prevent pesto from oxidising and going brown.