Easy Family shepherd's Pie with Cheesy Mash
- Place potatoes into a large pan and just cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and cook 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and return potato to warm pan to dry out slightly.
- Mash until smooth and add butter, milk and half the cheese. Mix well until smooth and creamy.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven 200° C / 180°C fan forced.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium high heat and add onion. Cook for three minutes. Add carrot, garlic and mince and cook, stirring and breaking up meat until vegetables have softened and mince is browned.
- Stir in flour and cook for one minute. Add tomato paste, stock and Worcestershire sauce. Bring sauce to the simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Stir through peas.
- Spoon into a large 8 cup (2 litre) baking dish. Top with mash and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes or until mash is golden. Let the pie sit for 10 minutes then serve.
- Use floury potatoes such as brushed or Sebago potatoes