Family Sausage Roll with Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 220°C / 200°C fan-forced. Grease and line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- Combine the mince, breadcrumbs, egg, carrot, garlic and 2 tbsps. parmesan in a bowl. Mix well.
- Place pastry sheets side by side on a clean work surface. Join edges together using finder tips or a lightly with a rolling pin to form one large long pastry sheet. Spoon mince mixture along centre of pastry, and flatten to cover pastry, leaving a 2cm border. Spoon the pesto over the mince and spread out evenly.
- Top pastry with mozzarella, piling together along centre to form a mound. Using pastry as a guide, roll mince tightly to form a log. Transfer, seam-side down to prepared tray. Score top every 4 cm. Brush pastry with extra egg and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tbsps. parmesan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until golden brown and puffed. Remove from oven. Stand for 5 minutes before cutting to serve.