Italian Pasta Bake
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Cook penne in a large pan of boiling water according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Cook chicken in batches until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Reduce heat to medium and add onion, cook until lightly browned and softened. Return chicken to pan and stir in spinach, olives, capsicum and basil leaves. Cook until spinach is just wilted. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until mixture bubbles. Gradually stir in milk and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring, for 3-5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir in ½ cup Perfect Italiano Perfect Bakes Cheese and stir until cheese is melted. Season well to taste and set aside.
- Stir cheese sauce and pasta into the chicken mixture and mix through. Spoon mixture in a 30 x 20cm (6 cup capacity) baking dish (or smaller as per notes above) and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup Perfect Italiano Perfect Bakes Cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is golden brown.
- For a vegetarian alternative, omit chicken, add more vegetables and increase pasta to 375g.
- Substitute roasted capsicum and olives with leftover roast vegetables.
- For a quick version, coarsely chop leftover roast chicken or BBQ Chicken and stir through pasta with cheese sauce.
- For a healthy twist use wholemeal pasta