Parmesan Tomato Soup with Baguette Toasts
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Line a large roasting dish with baking paper and arrange tomatoes, onion and garlic on top. Drizzle with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Roast 40 minutes or until tomatoes are soft. Remove and carefully squeeze out garlic flesh. Discard skins.
- Place roasted tomatoes mixture into a large deep saucepan with tomato passata, stock and bay leaf. Bring to boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until slightly reduced. Remove from heat, discard bay leaf and blend or process until smooth. Pass through a fine sieve into a clean pan. Stir in cream and season to taste. Keep warmed over low heat.
- Meanwhile, preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Rub baguettes with garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Grill each side until golden brown.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls and top Perfect Italiano Grated Parmesan and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve with garlic baguette toasts
- Tomatoes can be roasted at least 2 days ahead.
- This is great a great recipe to make when tomatoes are in season, plentiful and cheap.
- Freeze soup in an airtight container for 3 months. Keep soup in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days