Ricotta, Bacon, Roast Tomato and Gnocchi
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 170°C fan-forced.
- Place the tomatoes onto a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil and place into the oven to roast for 20 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to collapse. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Place the Ricotta, grated Parmesan, egg and flour into a bowl and mix until combined. If the mixture feels too wet, add some more flour until you have a sticky dough that comes away from the sides of the bowl. Divide the mixture into 4 and roll each portion into thin lengths. Cut 2 cm size pieces from each length to form the gnocchi. Place the gnocchi onto a floured tray.
- Fill a large pot with water, cover, and bring to the boil. Add ¼ of the gnocchi and cook for 2-3 minutes or until they rise to the surface. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat, in 3 more batches, with the remaining gnocchi.
- Add 1 tbsp. of olive oil into a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the bacon and fry until it begins to turn golden. Add half of the roasted tomatoes and squash with the back of a fork to form a sauce. Add the butter and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked gnocchi to the sauce and stir gently to coat. Add the remaining tomatoes and serve with a scattering of basil and the shaved Parmesan cheese.